Thursday, December 16, 2010

Halloween Themed Cake

This was my very first cake! My best friend, Krista, is obsessed with Halloween. I use a recipe called Black Magic Cake, found here: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/black-magic-cake/
The fondant is just your everyday marshmallow fondant ( which I didn't like, too soft and spongy), and I always use Wilton concentrated coloring ( this was red-no taste). The cookies were  a butter cookie recipe from my school book ( if you would like it give me a shout), and before I baked them I laid them on candy sticks ( found at your local craft shop) and gave them a slight push. I used Color Mist ( can't remember what the brand is but i bought it at Micheal's) obviously in black, and it was a good 6-8 coats to get a nice black, with drying in between. I dyed the sticks black with Wilton's black coloring. The middle was just a butter cream icing with orange marmalade for flavor and a little orange coloring. The decorations were from Micheal's.

No comments:

Post a Comment