Thursday, December 16, 2010

Las Vegas Bridal Shower Cake

OK, so I cheated a little bit on this one! I used store bought fondant, but it was Duff's Fondant! So we all know that fondant is gross and tastes like a bag or two of icing sugar. But not this stuff, it is amazing!! It comes in white, black (i think), yellow and I want to say blue. It is expensive, it is $30 for 2 lbs or $28 for 3.5 lbs ( don't ask), but i use coupons for Micheal's when ever I can. I found that one container covered a 2 tiered cake, bottom at 8 inches and top at 6 inches, with very little left over. I rolled out the fondant 1/8 inch thick. The Vegas sign is a butter cookie, and it is all hand piped, the cake is a red velvet recipe, found here:http://www.recipegirl.com/2008/08/13/red-velvet-cupcakes/
And is by far the best one ever! HOWEVER, only used concentrated coloring, otherwise it will be spotted when you cut it. This is what I found out anyways. This cake was not red but purple, I just substituted purple for red. The filling was raspberry butter cream, very tasty!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! That is a nice place for a party like this. I am also planning a bridal shower cum bachelorette party for my best friend. She also wants to have a preceding photoshoot and for that, I am looking for a few good Chicago wedding venues. Anyways, this cake looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete